Tuesday, July 08, 2014

you look fine


:: As I was scrolling through pinterest, this image grabbed me. Not because it was a motivational quote about being beautiful the way you are or an image of a half-dressed girl posted as workout inspiration. It grabbed me because of it's simple yet compelling message. You look fine. Be who you are. Don't worry about what the mirror says because the reflection will always be changing. You are a process.

:: There will always be other things telling us who to be and what to look like but who cares? I'd rather live a life with messy hair and no makeup knowing that I'm living life authentically and learning as I go than being all done up and miserable because I'm trying to figure it all out by myself and not really letting anybody else in.

:: Let yourself go. Be confident in your imperfections. Because let's just take a minute and ask ourselves, who really enjoys being around "perfect" people anyway? 

No comments:

Post a Comment