Sunday, February 23, 2014

and if not, God is still good.


:: I haven't been blogging very regularly (or hardly at all) for the past few years but recently I've been getting lots of requests to revive my ramblings. So for those of you who actually read this thing, you can expect to see new posts at least twice a month for now on. It's not so much, but let's not bite off more than I can chew, ok? 

:: I tend not to journal when I feel like life in is transition and that lack of journaling tends to carry over to my lack of blogging. My life has been in constant transition since graduating university, but I'm beginning to feel more comfortable in the midst of all that transition.

:: So now that I'm back in the blogosphere, let's talk about faith. This week our staff team finished up a study through Hebrews. I haven't finished yet. Instead, I came into our discussion time train wrecked by Jesus. I didn't make it past chapter 11. You know, the chapter known as the "Hall of Faith" that you knew really read? Yeah, that one.

:: So much of my life requires a extreme amount of faith on a daily basis. Some days it feels that it would be easier to just throw in the towel, move back to America and get a "normal" job. Currently, there are many things that make staying in America the more sensible thing to but but I do not serve a God who makes sense. When Abraham went to sacrifice Isaac I'm sure he had quite a few fighting words for God. The very thing that God's promise to Abraham was supposed to be fulfilled through was being taken away from him. How was he to trust and believe that there was really a good outcome in that?

:: There are many other examples in this chapter (I mean it....I had about 5 pages of notes and that's barely skimming the surface) but this one...this is the one that got me. Abraham was a man of incredible faith. 
"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
:: I don't know what God has in store for my future. If I did I probably wouldn't believe it and I would maybe stop getting out of bed in the morning but that's why God is God and I am not. All I am required to do is take one step at a time, in the direction I feel He is calling me and trust that He is good.

:: I have to trust him with the thoughts that tell me otherwise knowing that there are 3 outcomes: God is good and He will protect and provide for me and for the people I love or 2: God will show me something new...a different and better way of fulfilling my dreams and His promises to me or 3: God is not who he says he is.

:: So, there's my little nugget of truth for the present moment. God is good, and if this life isn't what I expected it to be, God is still good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment