Wednesday, September 26, 2012

sorry for the novel


my almost perfect panorama from Poland. 

graphic designers waiting for the train.

:: Seriously, time is flying by like crazy.  I have been in Germany for a month. It still seems surreal that I am here at all.

:: The past two weeks have been full of excitement. Last week our speakers were from Bangladesh and this week we have Lucy who lives in Germany but grew up in Brazil and is gearing up to move to Bulgaria. They have all been awesome and have had so many different things to teach us. I feel like God has given me a new promise and has opened my eyes to see even more of who he really is!


:: It was also outreach weekend for the writers and graphic designers…a few musicians tagged along as well. We had no idea what we would do since neither of our skill sets are things we can easily take to the streets but we went with open minds, ready for adventure. I ended up with 3 other designers, which ended up being good team bonding time. We had a few ideas of people we wanted to talk with but really we just started walking and starting conversations with complete strangers at crosswalks. Then it started raining so we ran into the first door we found. It was a dress shop and instead of getting an expected look of annoyance we were welcomed in with smiles and broken English. We talked a little about why we were there and found out that the owner of the shop was also a graphic designer. She gave us names of a few places to check out and told us about her daughter.
:: A few minutes later we ran into the musicians who had come with and stopped to make conversation with some of their onlookers. As one guy rolled a joint Kayla took the opportunity to start conversation with him. It ended up being really awesome and while he was clear that he did not believe in any sort of higher power he was really open to hear what we believe. He also invited our musicians back to use the recording studio he owns and provide any equipment they needed. It was awesome. It was very tiring, challenging and frustrating. But nonetheless I enjoyed it!
:: So in DTS we have local outreach, which is what we do on the weekends. Go on the streets around the area talking to people. Then there is mini-outreach, which is a two week outreach where we go to a nearby surrounding area and serve. This prepares us for our big outreach, which is a three month period where we go to other countries and serve.

:: Friday, it was announced that our Mini outreach will be in Nuremburg Germany from October 6th-20th. We will be on the streets during the day and holding services at a church that will be hosting us. In most mini outreaches we split into smaller groups and go our separate ways for the two weeks, but we are all going as one group to Nuremburg. I am very excited to see what God has for us!

:: We were presented four different options for big outreach as well! They gave us some info on them and then we had 10 or so minutes to pray about it and ask God what he thought and then decide on our top three choices. I felt a strong peace about it and really am excited about where I’ll be going. I know God will use me wherever I am and will take care of me wherever I am. Details and even locations are sill subject to change, but it will be great! I can share more with you in email form if you would like more information. We will be leaving the first week of December and will be gone for 10 weeks.

:: There are so many exciting things happening right now. I am beyond blessed to be a part of this experience. Please pray for us as we leave for our outreaches. For clearer direction, for God to provide and protection. For the hearts of those we will encounter and for our hearts. DTS is flying by and outreach is getting so near!

:: I love Germany but I also miss America and you guys. Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love football and apple cider and baking yummy things with pumpkin…mmm…if anyone feels the urge to send me a great care package or even a simple letter with a beautiful leaf inside I wouldn’t hate it J 

:: Also, I officially paid all of my lecture phase! Thank God for his provision and for everyone who contributed to that! Because of extra costs here and there for living expenses, etc I may come up short for the outreach costs, but I am not sure how much outreach is because I don’t know exactly where I will be going for outreach. So prayers that God continues to provide would be much appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment