Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Bethy. Beff. Bet. Bestie.

:: So there was these two teenage girls who always knew of each other but they never met. Everyone said they would be instant best friends. The truth is, when they finally did meet, four years later, they kinda hated each other but they were forced to put up with each other because they were both working at a summer camp and were attending the same small college in the fall. Somehow, through the awkward beginnings of new life in small town Arkansas, a Katy Perry song and one bad break up they discovered a friendship that was more than unique. They became sister friends. After all, they have the same shoe size which practically means they're related, right?!
:: But really, thinking back on our friendship [yes, the two girls were me and Elizabeth Joy]  I realize how blessed I have been to have this girl beside me through so much of life.

We kinda like to play dress up any chance we get.

We really like to laugh and be ridiculous no matter where we are. 

We love opportunities to torture each other but deep down we love each other.

What we love most is sharing sweet moments of love, tears and laughter in community.
I could write a sappy blog post but so these are my best memories of us. Sit back and enjoy memory lane.
:: Canoeing in Florida and getting attacked by oysters slash "sharks"...where there's dolphins there's no sharks, right?
:: Showing up in Georgia with matching outfits. "No, we didn't plan to match, we're just best friends."
:: Prophetically smashing clay pots against stone.
:: Crying in your room about boy stuff when you grabbed my shoulder, looked me in the eye and told me to go to counseling...then introducing me to FHS and changing my career goals forever.
:: Your never ending encouragement to keep going through all the Advocate misery.
:: Getting punched in the face in Ireland...still baffled by this one.
:: Hannah Montana Appreciation Day.
:: Being quarantined on a mountain because of "swine flu"
:: Freaking out because we didn't think we were legit enough to be crew counselors...now our campers are freaking in charge. what!?
:: Hiding inside and making hot chocolate for the boys after the church van slid down the hill into that man's house.
:: Leading a bible study with you, on a team I'm still not sure how we ended up on
:: Texting me in the middle of the night because you liked this boy named Bruce and you didn't know what to do about it...so glad the moose became your husband.
:: Falling in love with Glee and finding any excuse to rewatch it with anyone that would sit through it.
:: Being my personal assistant during a wedding post-knee surgery.
:: Being snowed in at the Daltons and watching cheesy reality shows...all day.
:: Having "it's hard to be friends" heart to hearts over ice cream.
:: Staying up all night to write our "Sex in the Bible" paper.
:: Driving onto a median in Fayetteville during an ice storm because we couldn't see the road.
:: Switching drivers twice in the middle of Atlanta traffic...we totes give women drivers a bad name.
:: Friendship piercings and free slurpees.
:: Dreaming about what our lives would look like after college...pretty sure this one has surprised us.

3 comments:

  1. this made me smile a lot. love both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my favorite people in the whole world. Changed my summer and my life. loveyaboth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for making me cry ;) gretch. oh how i wished you would be moving to colorado and we would be able to hang out on the daily again. but the Lord has bigger plans and apparently His plans are better ;) i love you sweet girl and i am so very excited to see you again. best friends forever. i mean it!

    ReplyDelete