Friday, November 30, 2012

grace. my favorite word.



:: Grace is a gift. Grace empowers us. Grace makes us alive. Grace saves us. Grace is freedom.

:: The Christian life is not about being free from sin. It's about life. Grace is life. Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness will be given to you. Live in freedom.

:: Christians aren't about laws. Laws box us in and give sin power. GRACE is what "we" are about...at least that's the way God intended it to be. I say "we" because I do not like the term Christian...I'd rather be known as a follower of Jesus. The word Christian has such a bad connotation attached to it these days. They are known as judgmental, self-righteous, hypocrites. I'd rather be known as someone who loves and accepts others no matter what they have done or what they believe. I want to be known as a person of grace.

:: The law stirs up condemnation. Grace stirs up love. When we don't live by grace we become self-righteous or depressed. Live in grace. Live in love.

:: My life is no better than the next. Our lives are meaningless until we realize and accept the grace offered to us. Live in grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment